Job Position: Materials Manager
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Fire phone, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
The Materials Manager is responsible for all activities related to order fulfillment, from forecasts to delivery, including day-to-day communication and management of the OEM partner globally. This person has a business orientation and is responsible for working within the local and remote Operations team driving order fulfillment. In this role, you will:
- Act as the primary liaison between OEM and team in Sunnyvale monitoring, managing and driving the OEM to assure goals / schedule is being met
- Communicate forecast and verify fulfillment from a materials perspective
- Drive solutions to reduce and eliminate any shortages preventing meeting order schedule, including assisting in sourcing materials as required
- Schedule and host meetings with suppliers in US and/or globally as required reducing and eliminating shortages
- Be responsible for report generation and distribution
- Represent the materials organization in internal Lab126 program meetings
- Travel required, up to 40%, with a majority being local travel. Some international travel required
- 5+ years of materials planning experience in a Consumer Market Segment Company
- Experience managing materials execution with a contract manufacturer in a multi-cultural environment
- Experience with MS Office, specifically requiring advanced Excel skills
· English and Mandarin communication skills, both written and oral.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher level education preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to senior management, peers, and team members
- A keen, flexible and aggressive intellect with superb conceptual thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully
- Experience with LEAN manufacturing preferred
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Expected salary: –
Job date: Mon, 11 May 2020 02:46:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!